To sum up
This module highlights the importance of:
- understanding the overall structure of the career-planning process and sharing this understanding with the student/trainee
- encouraging the student/trainee to spend sufficient time at each of the four stages and knowing what resources you can direct them to
- understanding what psychometric tests can, and cannot, tell you
- knowing when and where to refer on if it seems likely that a particular student/trainee may need specialist career support
- Having an overall structure for each career support session so that by the end of the session the student/trainee feels that they have ‘moved forward’ with their career planning in some specific way
- posing challenging questions when faced with a trainee whose career plans you believe are unrealistic, but without losing rapport.
You have now reached the end of the module. Provided you have entered something into your log you can now print your certificate. To generate your certificate please go to ‘my area’ and click on ‘complete’ in the course status column. Please note, you will not be able to print your certificate unless you have entered something in your ‘reflections area’.
Please now take a moment to evaluate the course and enter your comments below.