Taking it back
Back in your own organisation
- Ensure that there are policies in place to deal with complaints about discrimination on any grounds.
- Discuss equalities with the student body or those representing doctors in training.
- Ensure that students or doctors in training know where to go if they have concerns about discrimination.
- Ensure that there are adequate procedures in place for assessing and managing the needs of students or training doctors with disabilities.
- Ensure that complaints made are properly dealt with and proper records kept (what may seem to be a small incident once may be part of a pattern).
- Ensure that these issues can be discussed in as open a way as possible within an institution, although of course, specific incidents must be dealt with confidentially.
- Give people feedback if they are complained about. They may be doing something that can easily be changed.
You have now reached the end of the module. Provided you have entered something into your log you can now print your certificate. To generate your certificate please go to ‘my area’ and click on ‘complete’ in the course status column. Please note, you will not be able to print your certificate unless you have entered something in your ‘reflections area’.
Please now take a moment to evaluate the course and enter your comments below.