To sum up
Workplace learning might be under threat because of economic constraints, professional training demands and public expectations, yet it has never been more important. By drawing on the sound traditions of apprenticeship and making the most of the opportunities to learn that arise in our day-to-day practice, you can help ensure that your learners learn how to do the job by doing the job. You can do this by:
- making sure your workplace is invitational for all learners
- involving all members of your team (including patients) in the education and training process
- making opportunities for learning explicit
- creating and supporting opportunities for learning
- providing opportunities for participation in workplace activity
- helping learners to learn from your ‘talk’ and by learning ‘to talk’
- fostering horizontal learning.
You have now reached the end of the module. Provided you have entered something into your log you can now print your certificate. To generate your certificate please go to ‘my area’ and click on ‘complete’ in the course status column. Please note you will not be able to print your certificate unless you have entered something in your ‘reflections area’.
Please now take a moment to evaluate the course and enter your comments below.