To sum up
- Always consider whether a session can be better run as a small group.
- Plan the session carefully.
- Vary the session plan according to the size of group and venue.
- Run large groups in a workshop format using café-style tables.
- Include a range of formats in any one session, recognising that active learning is likely to be more successful than passive learning.
- Consider your role in the group process: being a group leader is only one of several options.
- Remember the importance of maintaining good dynamics.
- Deal with issues as and when they arise, bearing in mind it is often better to let the group address the issues themselves.
- Take care not to overstep boundaries and destroy good working relationships.
You have now reached the end of the module. Provided you have entered something into your log you can now print your certificate. To generate your certificate please go to ‘my area’ and click on ‘complete’ in the course status column. Please note you will not be able to print your certificate unless you have entered something in your ‘reflections area’.
Please now take a moment to evaluate the course and enter your comments below.