Why is Revalidation happening?
- To raise awareness of the NMC’s Code (2015) and the professional standards expected of you, as a Registered Nurse.
- To encourage you to reflect on the professional standards and demonstrate how you are ‘living’ the standards.
- To encourage you to keep your knowledge and skills remain updated and to be aware of the changing needs of your patients, the public and fellow healthcare professionals.
- To promote a culture of professional sharing, reflection and improvement.
- To encourage you to engage in professional networks and discussions about practice.
- To strengthen public confidence in the nursing and midwifery professions.
Think about The Code.
The Code (NMC 2015) is structured around four themes:
1. to prioritise people
2. to practise effectively
3. to preserve safety
4. to promote professionalism and trust.
The Code was developed in collaboration with people who care about good nursing and midwifery. It can be used to demonstrate your professionalism.
To access The Code click here: http://www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code/
Set up an NMC Online account. You must have an account in order to revalidate. Once it is set up, the NMC will send all future notifications to you by email.
To set up an account, you can register at http://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/nmc-online/ and use the step by step guide.
Through your NMC Online account, you will be able to find out about your:
The templates to be used for completing aspects of the revalidation process can be found at http://www.nmc.org.uk/standards/revalidation/revalidation-guidance-and-resources/ along with further information on each and every aspect of the revalidation process.