Apr 25, 2017
The Educator Hub More…
Mar 07, 2017
Save The Date: UK Trainer Recognition Forum More…
Feb 06, 2017
IT Network Issue affecting our services More…
Jan 05, 2017
Support for supervisors working with trainees under the new contract More…
Dec 20, 2016
Workshops for Clinical Supervisors: Clinical Pharmacist Pathway Programme More…
- Read all news…
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
2. What we mean by personal information
3. Personal information that we collect
Your "Record" constitutes the information we collect:
- via your registration or account creation comprising various details about you, including your name, email address, job title, and any other details necessary for your complete participation in the Faculty Development website ;
- via personal information contained in any content you may upload onto the Faculty Development website, or when you email, write to, or telephone us. From time to time we may also request additional information, either by contacting you directly or through the Faculty Development website.
- via session cookies to store information about your current session. Please see point 7 below for more information about cookies.
4. How we use your personal information
Your personal information is used by us so that we can administer and support the Faculty Development website and to provide you with access to the appropriate areas and functions of the system depending on your status as a user. For the Faculty Development website. this includes:
- access to certain areas of the site are given only to registered
- allowing you access to record reflective commentary
- allowing you to retrieve and print certificates of course completion
- allowing you to provide feedback on elearning
We may use information provided by you (such as what you think about the system and improvements that you would like to see made) or statistical information collected, so that we can improve the service. Except in very specific circumstances, we do not disclose any of your information to other parties, except where you have given your consent. Otherwise, we reserve the right to give your personal information to a third party without your consent where:
- the disclosure is required by law, such as where there is a court order, or statutory obligation requiring us to make such a disclosure; and/or
- we believe that such disclosure is necessary in order to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud) or is otherwise in the overriding public interest, and is permitted by law.
5. How we protect your personal information
However, while we strive to protect your personal information, due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. With this in mind, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the internet.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We will keep and use the personal information contained in your Record for as long as you are registered for the service, and for at least seven years afterwards, in order to deal with any consequent queries or complaints you may have.
If you cease to access the service for over seven years then your Record will be expunged from our systems, unless there is a specific legal reason or requirement to keep the information for longer, for example if it is relevant to any current or potential legal proceedings.
Statistical information (from which you cannot be identified) may be kept for longer periods.
7. About cookies
Cookies are small files stored in your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. When you access the Faculty Development website. our server will access these cookies so that it can recognise your computer, and make using the system easier for you.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can alter your settings to allow you to be prompted every time a cookie is sent to you or you can choose not to receive cookies at all. However, please note that if you have ‘disabled’ cookies in your browser this way you may not be able to use certain features on Portal.
For independent information about cookies you can go to www.allaboutcookies.org.