Mar 07, 2017
Save The Date: UK Trainer Recognition Forum More…
Feb 06, 2017
IT Network Issue affecting our services More…
Jan 05, 2017
Support for supervisors working with trainees under the new contract More…
Dec 20, 2016
Workshops for Clinical Supervisors: Clinical Pharmacist Pathway Programme More…
Nov 21, 2016
Working the night shift: preparation, survival and recovery - A guide for Junior doctors More…
- Read all news…
Multisource Feedback for Supervisors
- Have you ever wondered how effective a supervisor you are?
- Are you curious about whether there might be a gap between your intentions and the actual perceptions of your trainees?
- Would you like constructive feedback on your strengths as a supervisor, together with potential areas for development?
Supervision is central to the success of postgraduate medical education and training. We now have an online facility, the Multisource feedback tool (MSF), specifically designed to give named educational and named clinical supervisors the opportunity to get individual feedback from their trainees on the quality of their supervision.
The benefits for supervisors
- Useful structured feedback to help you improve as a supervisor
- Evidence for your supervisor's portfolio, NHS appraisal and revalidation
- A structured report containing mean scores and anonymised written comments
- A free, quick and easy to use online system that can be accessed anywhere, any time
- An unlimited resource that can be re-visited and used on an ongoing basis
The benefits for trainees
- An opportunity to provide constructive feedback to your supervisor
- An opportunity to reflect on how supervision helps you
- Evidence of participation in quality assurance systems as required by the GMC’s Good Medical Practice
- A useful means of considering approaches to supervision styles in the context of your own future personal development
Who can use the MSF tool?
The tool is available for all named educational and named clinical supervisors working in London healthcare organisations.
How does it work?
To obtain feedback from trainees, supervisors will need to follow three easy steps:
1. Activate your account on the MSF website
2. Nominate trainees who you have supervised within the past year (you will need to supply their email addresses)
3. If a minimum of five questionnaires have been completed you will receive a report. Your account will remain open until this threshold has been reached (up to 3 years), so that you nominate each new trainee you have until the threshold is reached. We recognise that for some educational supervisors it may take a couple of years to accumulate the data required to receive a report.
How do I get on to the MSF website?
How do I found out more about using the MSF tool?
Please refer to the frequently asked questions section FAQs.